The Judicial Appointments Commission for District 2B of the Iowa District Court nominated eight candidates who applied for the vacant judicial seat, including four from Fort Dodge.
The job was created earlier this summer when then-District Court Judge Gina Badding of Carroll was appointed to the Iowa Court of Appeals by Governor Kim Reynolds.
Candidates for the vacant seat in District 2B are:
• Joseph McCarville, Assistant District Judge in Fort Dodge Judicial District 2B.
• Jonathan Beaty, the Humboldt County lawyer in Humboldt.
• Jerry Schnurr, lawyer with the Schnurr law firm in Fort Dodge.
• Joseph Tofilon, Associate District Judge in Fort Dodge Judicial District 2B.
• Derek Johnson, Associate District Judge in Fort Dodge Judicial District 2B.
• Jonathan Holscher, Assistant Story County Attorney in Huxley.
• Arch Wilson, a defense attorney with a law firm in Des Moines.
• Ben Meyer, lawyer at Meyer Law PC in Laurens and magistrate in Pocahontas County.
Candidates will meet with the District 2B Judicial Appointments Committee on Tuesday at the Boone County Courthouse. The nominating committee will then select two candidates to present to the governor, who will make an appointment to the district court.